Well, I am Canadian, so it was only a matter of time before I tried making a beaver. Just like a real beaver, this one looks slightly terrifying up close (but only slightly.) I think I made the teeth too big, perhaps I should use a thinner white yarn on a smaller hook. Rest assured, he looks much cuter in person.
I’m also not sure that I’m in love with the criss-cross pattern on his tail, but the tail needed a little something extra. Also, I’m not sure I remember how I made the tail, it took a lot of experimenting, ripping out stitches, and reworking before I got to this shape.
As the weather warms up I’ll get better photos out in some real sunlight.