I Googled “pixelated Mario,” found an image, consulted the November 2011 issue of Martha Stewart Living (where they featured a cross-stitch craft,) drew Mario out on graph paper to ensure that I could count the exact amount of squares, and got to work. Turns out I got a higher count of Aida cloth than I should have (both because I’m a beginner and because my design is so simple) so Mario turned out very tiny. It’s ok though, tiny Mario still covers the hole! The moral of this story is to not be afraid of cross-stitch, but to plan it out carefully before you start, read up on it as much as you can, and soon you can be making Mario cross stitches too.
- It's the only thing I can think about. RT @CatFoodBreath Have you ever stopped to think about how much cat fur there is in your life?tweeted at 3 years ago
- Not sure if my cat loves or hates the shrug I'm crocheting. Her kneading suggests love, but claws are out to pull it to bits. Oh, cats.tweeted at 3 years ago
- RT @FranklinHabit: I wonder what the response would be to pictures of artists' and designers' studios on the days they are not expecting a …tweeted at 4 years ago
- "I'm crafty, not crazy!" - me, in response to my husband questioning my latest project (brightly-colored dinosaur planters w/succulents.)tweeted at 4 years ago
- I'm proud to announce that I'll be teaching crochet classes at @MichaelsStores in Westerly, RI, starting in May!tweeted at 4 years ago