I love the challenge of making a new item and developing a new pattern; sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I recently got a custom request on Etsy for an opossum and I was blown away. I had never thought to make an opossum. I did what I always do: I Googled tons of opossum photos, grabbed my yarn, and went for it. And here’s the result:
I made it with floral wire in the tail so that the tail can be bent like a real opossum. As you can see from the photo at the top, this allows for the opossum to hang upside down from a branch just like real opossums sleep.
I’m quite proud of it and the customer seems pleased. Yay for custom going right!